Vs > Mcmurdo Sound
Midway Island vs Mcmurdo Sound Climate & Distance Between
Midway Island vs Suntar, Russia
Midway Island vs Cape Salaurova, Russia
Midway Island vs Constantine (Ain El Bey), Algeria
Midway Island vs Tripoli, Peloponnese, Greece
Mcmurdo Sound vs Nome, Alaska, Usa
Mcmurdo Sound vs Chisasibi/ Fort George, Quebec, Canada
Mcmurdo Sound vs Mayo, Yukon Territory, Canada
Mcmurdo Sound vs Birmingham, Alabama, Usa
Narvik, Nordland vs Managua
Cokurdah vs Otautau
Ilopango vs Antonio Narino
Badin vs Bologna
- The distance between Midway Island, Hawaii and Mcmurdo Sound, Antarctica is approximately 11,842 km or 7,359 mi.
- To reach Midway Island in this distance one would set out from Mcmurdo Sound bearing 14.6° or NNE and follow the great circles arc to approach Midway Island bearing 3.5° or N .
- Midway Island has a tropical wet and dry/ savanna climate with dry winters (Aw) whereas Mcmurdo Sound has a ice cap climate (EF).
- The average annual temperature is 39.3 °C (70.7°F) warmer.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 16.6 °C (29.9°F) less in Midway Island. The continentality subtype is barely hyperoceanic as opposed to subcontinental.
- Total annual precipitation averages 891 mm (35.1 in) more which is equivalent to 891 l/m² (21.87 US gal/ft²) or 8,910,000 l/ha (952,538 US gal/ac) more. About 5 1/5 as much.
- The altitude of the sun at midday is overall 50.2° higher in Midway Island than in Mcmurdo Sound.
Climate Comparison Table
The table shows values for Midway Island relative to Mcmurdo Sound. You can also view this comparison the other way around from the perspective of Mcmurdo Sound vs Midway Island
|Average Temperature °C ( °F)
|Average Precipitation mm (in)
|Average Daylight Hours & Minutes/ Day
|Sun altitude at solar noon on the 21st day (Â°)
There are so many comparison pages. Please post a link to one to help people find them:
Midway Island vs Port Fitzroy, New Zealand
Midway Island vs Blagovescensk, Russia
Midway Island vs Fredericksburg National Park, Va, Usa
Midway Island vs KIROVOBAD (GANDZHA), Azerbaijan
Mcmurdo Sound vs Patos De Minas, Brazil
Mcmurdo Sound vs Zahedan, Iran
Mcmurdo Sound vs San Luis, Argentina
Mcmurdo Sound vs Turukhansk, Russia
Madison, Ne vs Bissau
Campina Grande vs Piura
Waipukurau vs Pierre Faa Ap, Sd
Istrana vs Coen, Queensland
Midway Island vs Mcmurdo Sound Discussion
You are welcome to incorporate your thoughts on the differences in climate or other matters such as contrasts in culture, standard of living, demographics etc.
Currently under general maintenance.|
Climate Guides for Locations near Midway Island
- Lihue, Kauai, Hawaii - 1939.3 kms (1205.1 miles) ESE
- Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii - 2101.9 kms (1306.1 miles) ESE
- Kahului, Hi, United States Of America (Pacific Islands) - 2263.9 kms (1406.8 miles) ESE
- Wailuku, Maui, Hawaii - 2257.7 kms (1402.9 miles) ESE
- Hilo, (Big Island), Hawaii, Hawaii - 2450.5 kms (1522.8 miles) ESE
Climate Guides for Locations near Mcmurdo Sound